    This one has me stumped
    Thanks in advance
    Dad

    Daddio, Feb 2, 2004

  2. Daddio

    Rod Speed Guest

    Its dead, Jim. You into necrophilia ?
    You dont need any drivers.
    Thats wrong. You dont need to drives to copy.
    But likely not being able to read much more than that.
    Toss it in the bin.
    You could get false teeth.

    Rod Speed, Feb 2, 2004

  3. Daddio

    Jerry G. Guest

    The drive is most likely defective. These do fail at times. Replace the
    drive, and you should be back in business again...

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    My Computer
    Dell Dimension 4300
    Pentium 4 1.5GHZ os Win XPPRO
    I have a LG 8482b cdrom installed which worked fine until a month ago.Now I
    put a CD in and it just clicks away and nothing happens.I have tried
    updating the drivers and it says it cant find anything better than whats
    installed.
    I can use the burner as a CDrom but that does me no good when I need to copy
    a disc. If i use Nero to try to copy a disc it lockes up the system. audio
    discs dont work...its as if it cant read anything on the disc. but if I use
    Windows Media Player it will list the songs and artist so it is seeing the
    info on the disc.
    Any suggestions?
    This one has me stumped
    Thanks in advance
    Dad

    Jerry G., Feb 2, 2004
  4. Aye?
    Firstly, don't stand in the bin and do what Rod does. Take cover off and
    clean lens. It may not help but it sure won't hurt, especially compared to
    standing in a bin and having a good toss.
    Aye? Anyone home?

    Byron John Forbes, Feb 2, 2004