    Google and have yet to find a similar problem. My device manager says they
    are working fine. I have XP SP2 all updates are done and my computer is
    fairly new. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

    Tass, Jan 20, 2007

  2. Tass

    Evan Platt Guest

    What is a large DVD?
    What application are you using to play DVD's?

    What application are you using to view JPG's? When is it crashing?
    Right when you insert the CD?
    Perhaps because you're being wayyyyyy too vague.
    Make / Model of computer? Make / Model of DVD drive?

    Evan Platt, Jan 20, 2007

  3. Tass

    Shep© Guest

    Check that all your Drives are using DMA mode.You can do this with the
    free small NeroInfoTool,

    http://www.cdspeed2000.com/go.php3?link=download.html

    in it's,"Configuraration" tab.

    It can be run from within the .zip file.

    Until you can certify that your drives are in this mode you will have
    problems.

    HTH :)

    Shep©, Jan 20, 2007
  4. Tass

    M Guest

    If it is not in DMA mode how do you change the setting?

    M, Jan 22, 2007
  5. Tass

    Tass Guest

    I checked with Nero Info Tool and it shows my CD & DVD drive are both on for
    DMA and Autorun. Should it be set to autorun? I did updates on one of the
    drives and device manager says they are both working properly. Trouble
    shooter was useless. I can't figure it out. Any other suggestions? Thanks
    again.

    Tass, Jan 24, 2007
  6. Tass

    Pennywise Guest

    AutoPlay runs an Autorun.ini from the CD, it's very possible the
    program the autorun.ini file runs could be your problem.

    FWIW - I have autoplay disabled - for other reasons than yours.

    Pennywise, Jan 24, 2007