    We are currently looking at CD duplioation systems. What options are
    there with the different kinds of hardware (using a PC with multiple
    burners vs a dedicated machine). Which are vendors for the latter.

    SchoolTech, Oct 27, 2005

  2. SchoolTech

    David Guest

    Do you want to be able to put a CD in and get a copy, is it always
    different CDs? (Otherwise it would be quicker to burn from an image)
    Also do the CDs have copy protection, ie. games, or are they audio CDs?
    (Audio CDs require extra care to ensure a good copy as they lack an
    extra layer of error correction). I think a PC with multiple burners
    would be the way to go, as it gives you the flexibility to handle all
    these scenarios in the best possible way. If doing an on-the-fly
    Drive-to-Drive copy, remember to ensure the original is clean and set
    the write speed slower than read speed, so that if reading slows due to
    scratches etc the burn doesn't fail.

    David, Oct 28, 2005

  3. SchoolTech

    XP Guest

    Just use one of the firms that do this..

    XP, Oct 28, 2005
  4. SchoolTech

    Mike Richter Guest

    I'm afraid that last response is far from determined. Do what?
    1. Make duplicates?
    2. Make duplication towers?
    3. Make controllers for duplication towers?
    4. Publish software for computer duplication?

    I have a tower with one reader and three identical writers; and a
    primary computer with one reader and three very different writers. What
    I use for any particular task depends on the job and the number of
    copies needed. For example, when I digitize a tape to DVD, I normally
    run DVDShrink to create a master copy, then use Nero to make two more
    masters for backup, all written from the hard drive. Thereafter, I copy
    on the tower so my computer's drives are free. On the computer, I choose
    to buffer any copy from optical disc; on the tower, direct burn is fine.
    In addition, I usually burn DVDs at 4x on the computer, but under some
    circumstances will write at higher speed (Pioneer A107 and A108). The
    tower is preset to 4x.

    Mike

    Mike Richter, Oct 28, 2005