    Computer", but they do not recognize a disc when inserted and
    sometimes the doors even lock up....until rebooted.
    Thanks.

    Arch Stanton, Dec 11, 2006

  2. Arch Stanton

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:50:30 GMT, Arch Stanton <Arch
    The door locks up?

    Sounds like hardware - bad CD Drive.

    What's the make and model of the drive?

    Evan Platt, Dec 11, 2006

  3. Arch Stanton

    PeeCee Guest

    Arch

    Two things come to mind:

    1) Install all available XP and burning software updates.
    2) Try a substitute power supply.

    Reason:
    1) I had a server that did similar to yours until I'd done all those
    software updates (3 drives were replaced in 3 years)
    2) Had a PC that gave bad CD burns that I eventually traced to dodgy caps in
    the power supply.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Dec 12, 2006