    Any help would be much appreciated - I've called Dell support numerous
    times but they don't have a clue.

    Thanks in advance.

    Sharon V, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Sharon V

    Phantom Guest

    Phantom, Sep 10, 2004

  3. Sharon V

    Ionizer Guest

    Are the burned CDs "audio" CDs also, or are they data CDs containing mp3
    tracks? What I'm wondering is if it's just a setting in the options of
    your media player that you should be looking at. In Windows Media Player
    for instance, under Tools|Options > File Types tab, you'd need to have "CD
    audio track" checked.

    Have you tried more than one media player?

    Ionizer, Sep 10, 2004
  4. Sharon V

    Sharon Guest

    It's not just a media reader that's not reading any commercially produced
    cds - it's explorer itself. When I put a cd in my drive and click on the D
    drive, it tells me to insert a cd. It doesn't recognize that anythings in
    there. However, anytime I put in a cd that I burned myself, whether data or
    music, it reads it immediately.

    Sharon, Sep 10, 2004
  5. Sharon V

    Sharon Guest

    This problem is driving me crazy. I did another test this morning - it is
    so weird. My cd drive will read/recognize ANY CDR, regardless of whether or
    not I created it. Just not regular cds.

    Sharon, Sep 11, 2004
  6. Sharon V

    Mikish Guest

    I would probably just trash the drive since it's rather slow by today's
    standards without overwrite protection, and drives are cheap, but that my not
    be an option you want to try first. If you would like to zero in on a more LG
    related support forum, you might try this link:

    http://forums.windrivers.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=203

    I'm sure there are other places to look, but the Windrivers groups get quite a
    bit of traffic and someone may have a magic answer such as trying a different
    ATAPI driver.

    Hope that helps you find your sanity!

    Mikish, Sep 11, 2004
  7. Sharon V

    Sharon Guest

    Thanks to everyone who had responded to me!!! I finally bit the bullet and
    ordered a new dvdr/cdr drive rather than pursue this further! (Now, if only
    I'll have no problems installing it... lol)

    Sharon

    Sharon, Sep 12, 2004
  8. Sharon V

    Ionizer Guest

    Good luck, Sharon- let us know. I hope this is the solution to your
    problem.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Sep 12, 2004