CD burning has stopped working

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Amanda, Jan 6, 2004.

  1. Amanda

    Amanda Guest

    I can't burn a CD. Whats gone wrong?

    When I try to burn a CD my PC crashes. The buring stops part way through
    and my PC completely crashes. I get Blue Screen Errors. STOP 0x00000024
    and similar. (I never ever get these errors any other time. In my
    experience it is very very rare to get a Blue Screen error with Windows
    XP.)

    I used to be able to burn CDs. Nothing on my system has changed.

    Windows XP
    Roxio Easy CD Creator Classic 6
    Sony CD-RW CRX-140E

    Can anybody help me?

    Amanda.

    PS - I've also posted this question at
    http://www.howtomendit.com/answers/0000267.htm

    Amanda, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Amanda

    gigajosh Guest

    Reinstall your CD burner drivers.. and er maybe reinstall Roxio too.

    Know how to do that? :)

    gigajosh, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Amanda

    Patrick Guest

    Sorry, but all I can offer is a couple of links;

    Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data to a CD-R or CD-RW
    Optical Disc in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129

    Burning CDs in Windows XP
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm