    3. Are there any single book just for recertification?
    Thanks,
    Al

    al, May 24, 2004

  2. al

    SPD Guest

    beats me I'm trying to pass it now....
    no just the switching book and the routing book.
    no just the two that are recommended for the exam.
    I have the two Cisco press books. I don't think there is
    a single book.

    SPD, May 24, 2004

  3. al

    Al Guest

    So Troubleshooting and Remote Access are not included in the recert exam?
    Will my two old Routing and Switching books good enough for the recert exam?
    thanks again,
    Al

    Al, May 24, 2004
  4. al

    Jonathan Guest

    Dunno... I was studying for my CCIE, and just took the recert exam... did
    pretty well too...
    And then some...

    Make sure you cover IS-IS, and BGP...
    Probably not a bad idea...
    Nope.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan, May 24, 2004
  5. al

    SPD Guest

    No. See the Cisco web site for exam requirements. They should clarify
    what to study.
    I haven't one a page by page comparison so I cannot say. I've been
    told to expect IS-IS, more HSRP (switching book), EIGRP, BGP, OSPF and
    some QoS stuff. I bought new books because I wanted to study from
    the current stuff. This is especially true for me because my employer
    no longer uses Cisco so I don't have the chance to do hands-on work.

    SPD, May 25, 2004