    recertification CCNP?

    greets

    udo

    Udo Konstantin, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Udo Konstantin

    Mirko Kulpa Guest

    I think the recertification covers the same topics as the ccnp-cert.
    So you can use the same books? And now you have nearly 3 years of
    experience in networking ;-)

    Mirko

    Mirko Kulpa, Aug 30, 2004

  3. Udo Konstantin

    AnyBody43 Guest

    (Udo Konstantin) wrote
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/learning/le3/le2/le37/le10/
    learning_certification_type_home.html

    Says:-
    CCNP certifications are valid for three years. To recertify,
    either pass the 642-891 Composite exam, or pass both the
    642-801 BSCI and 642-811 BCMSN exams.

    Cisco press has a book:-
    CCNP SelfStudy: Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks.
    Richard Froom and others. 47 UKP.

    OH! Maybe you want me to send it to you?

    I am on page 17, it does seem rather well done so far.

    Poverty has forced me to consider studying. Oh dear.

    No ATM :) Well I did know about enough for CCNP but have had
    no hands on for YEARS and very little ever.
    No Token Ring :-((( Know that inside out.
    No FDDI " " " " "

    Still nothing despeately bad seems to have replaced them.
    Just common sense stuff:)))))

    Luckily duplex miss-matches are still causing mischief
    (it's something that I have understood for a while)
    however that will I guess dissappear once GBE to the desk is
    in widespread use. We are just doing our first all GBE
    deployment. Well GBE capable and all the PC's will have GBE ports.
    Not my design, but I do agree that there is no point
    in not putting it in since the cost differences are so small.
    (Given top end HP PC's and Cisco 4500's)

    Phew! Just got a real fright. Noticed that it said TCAM on the
    back of the book. Recalled some dark IBM mainframe art that I once
    heard of. Luckily it's not that one. Just some magic hardware we
    need know little about.

    Anyway, back to the OP. Sorry, no free books here for now. The
    current crop of Cisco CCNP exams are brand new and so I doubt
    that there will be any books available for a while except from
    the shop.

    AnyBody43, Aug 30, 2004