    blower. Should I bring the camera somewhere to get the CCD sensor cleaned to
    see if the marks I see are actaually scratches or just leave well enough
    alone?

    D.Yacovone, Feb 28, 2004

  2. D.Yacovone

    Jim Townsend Guest

    I'd want to know if the sensor is scratched.. I'd take it in.. There
    is a quick test you can do before hand to see how bad the dust is..

    Put the camera in Av mode and set your lens aperture as small as possible.
    (around f/22) Then try taking a shot of the sky or some other bright
    featureless subject. This will bring out every speck of dust and/or
    flaw on the sensor surface..

    If you can't see the 'scratches' under these conditions, then I wouldn't
    worry too much :)

    Jim Townsend, Feb 28, 2004

  3. D.Yacovone

    m II Guest

    This may help a bit. Be very careful. Practice on someone else's camera
    first <g>

    http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning

    mike

    m II, Feb 28, 2004
  4. D.Yacovone

    philipp Guest

    I tried this with my Digital Rebel - found some nice clear blue sky,
    went to A/V & f/22 and took a shot - relatively clean except for one
    very bad black blob in the lower right hand corner. After dwelling over
    it for a few minutes, I decided that it was a bird. Blurred because of
    the relative slow shutter speed . . .

    philipp, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Two shots will reveal if the 'object' moved in-between shots.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Mar 3, 2004
  6. D.Yacovone

    JPS Guest

    In message <[email protected]_s53>,
    You don't need the sky. Just point it at a blank wall with even
    lighting, Av mode with the smallest aperture, and move the camera on
    purpose so that it is all blur.

    JPS, Mar 3, 2004