CBOS 675/678 2.4.8 Port Logging the WAN via MS

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Zulu, May 31, 2006.

  1. Zulu

    Zulu Guest

    These days I seem to find myself waking up with googles under my eyes
    instead of sleet.

    I've got a Cisco 675 that I have been trying to figure out how to parse
    and log bi-directional traffic thru the wan. I am able to get the units
    Syslog to turn out the standard messages of whether the link is
    Up/Down, SNR and Times.

    I have the DB9 (serial) cable and can communicate through either Telnet
    or via Serial. I've got it sending what logs it does via the UDP port
    syslog, as per stated above, but I cannot get it log to screen (as it
    says it can) the packet info thru the serial OR udp/syslog.

    Anyone have any experience with this on one of these units or any ideas
    or links other then the cisco CBOS release documents, i have plenty of
    those :D

    Zulu

    I am new to gg's and wont know this until i post this context to see if
    my email addy actually shows or not but, is there a way (if it does
    show) to sorta spamproof part of my email address like modify the
    extension :) Google wouldn't let me do it when i tried :/

    Zulu, May 31, 2006

  2. Zulu

    thrill5 Guest

    You post is confusing, and I'm not sure what is not working, but here's a
    shot. Are you trying to log the packet counters of the WAN interface, or
    are you trying to get syslog to use the WAN interface as the source address
    when sending syslog messages? The first is not possible via logging (syslog
    or otherwise). Those stats are only available via SNMP. The second can be
    done with the command "logging source-interface <interface>"

    Scott

    thrill5, May 31, 2006