    cannot view, copy or delete images in the camera without launching
    Canon's crappy software.

    Any suggestions?

    David Arnstein, Nov 10, 2005

  2. David Arnstein

    U-Know-Who Guest

    Go into the camera menus and try looking at the USB settings. My DSC H1 came
    out of the box set as a webcam. It also would not connect properly, but gave
    me a USB error as I had not installed the garbage software that came with
    it.

    U-Know-Who, Nov 10, 2005

  3. David Arnstein

    Jim Guest

    Jim, Nov 11, 2005
  4. Another option is to buy a card reader suitable for your PC and camera
    and bypass the camera completely. Eliminates a lot of headaches.

    davidjchurchill, Nov 11, 2005
  5. David Arnstein

    Mark B. Guest

    Use a card reader as others have suggested. Leave it permanently attached
    to the PC, and no worries about the camera batteries going out in the middle
    of an operation.

    Mark

    Mark B., Nov 11, 2005
  6. You can't have exactly what you want. Canon cameras do not emulate a
    USB mass storage device. Period.

    However, if the camera supports PTP, and you're running Windows XP, you
    should be able to use that to access the camera directly.

    Or use Breeze Downloader, which is free.

    Or do what everyone does eventually: buy a USB card reader.

    All 3 choices don't involve using Canon's software.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Nov 11, 2005