  1. Merv

    Merv Guest

    see if it will accept the load-interval interface command

    Merv, Oct 31, 2005

  2. Merv

    lfnetworking Guest

    Is there a way to change the time interval on the avg throughput
    interface stats. Default is 5min. Can I change it to 1min? 30sec?,
    etc. Specifically working with a 2912xl.

    lfnetworking, Nov 1, 2005

  3. Merv

    anybody43 Guest

    time interval on the avg throughput
    Be aware that the "5min" or whatever
    interval is not the time period over which the
    data is averaged. See other posts from me
    and many others on the topic. Search for
    [exponential weighted average].

    To test this let the rate counters fall to zero,
    then blast traffic through the device at a constant
    rate, say using ttcp with UDP.

    Record the rate counter and the time passed
    at frequent intervals until the rate counters stop
    changing and draw up the picture.

    anybody43, Nov 1, 2005