catalyst boot loader upgrade ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by RJ45, Jul 26, 2004.

  1. RJ45

    RJ45 Guest

    HEllo,
    I have a catalyst 3750.
    lately I did a software image upgrade.
    In The release note there is written
    "If you are upgrading a Catalyst 3750 or a Catalyst 2970 switch that is
    running a release earlier than Cisco IOS Release 12.1(19)EA1c, this
    release includes a bootloader upgrade"

    But at the end the new software image was installed but the boot loader
    is always the same old version C3750 Boot Loader (C3750-HBOOT-M) Version
    12.1(11r)AX RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

    How do I upgrade the boot loader ?
    And where to find it eventually ?

    I am currently running 12.2.20 (SE1) and the boot image is 12.1.11 (AX)

    thank you very much

    Rick

    RJ45, Jul 26, 2004

  2. RJ45

    Solomon Guest

    Bootloader resides in bootflash: .., do a show bootflash: to view the
    content.

    If you need to upgrade.., delete the image in bootflash and copy a new
    bootloader image (make sure it is a boot loader image). The commands
    are simillar to when u use flash:

    HTH
    Solomon

    Solomon, Jul 26, 2004