    investigation. The switches were both running 12.1(13)EA1c.

    Cheers,

    Matt

    Matthew Melbourne, Feb 6, 2004

  2. I've seen similar behaviour with C3550's connected via FE to Bay/Nortel
    switches both with & without (in this case RS), media converters.

    Buzz

    Buzz Lightbeer, Feb 6, 2004

  3. Matthew Melbourne

    Terry Knight Guest

    I've also seen this before and got around it by setting the switch ports
    (FE) to auto speed and duplex. You've got to bear in mind that the media
    converters behave like switch ports themselves and so it's possible to have
    speed/duplex mismatches. But in most cases it's not possible to set the
    speed/duplex of the converter.

    Hope this helps

    Teggs

    Terry Knight, Feb 9, 2004