    Any info would be appreciated.

    TIA.
    Wing

    wing, Aug 10, 2004

  2. wing

    Scooby Guest

    You are correct - they are SMI files. What you need is here:

    http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cat3550

    You'll need a login.

    Hope that helps,

    Jim

    Scooby, Aug 10, 2004

  3. wing

    wing Guest

    Thanks Jim clarification. I did go the provided link and couldn't find
    the IOS file for EMI. And I looked at Cisco web site, it indicated that
    file for EMI version is "c3550-i5q312-tar.121-22.EA1.tar".

    Any suggestions.

    Wing

    wing, Aug 11, 2004
  4. wing

    Scooby Guest

    At the bottom of the page (in my link) is a grid. There are 4 files listed.
    The top two are EMI and EMI with CMS - you have the filename right, the .bin
    is a binary, while the tar includes the CMS files. The bottom two are SMI
    files. If you click on the filename, it will take you through the steps to
    the download page.

    Jim

    Scooby, Aug 11, 2004
  5. wing

    wing Guest

    All I have on the grid are the following 4 files:
    c3550-i9q312-tar.121-22.EA1.tar (C3550 SMI IOS IMAGE AND CMS FILES)
    c3550-i9q312-mz.121-22.EA1.bin (C3550 SMI IOS IMAGE)
    README-1-4-0-win.txt (Readme for Java Plug-in 1.4.0 for Windows)
    j2re-1-4-0-win.exe (Java Plug-in Ver 1.4.0 for Windows)
    Will the content of the grid table be based on your login ID?
    Therefore, different access level privilege will have different content
    with the same page link.

    BTW, thanks again for Jim's help!

    Wing

    wing, Aug 11, 2004
  6. wing

    Scooby Guest

    Bummer... I really didn't think they built these tables by your login, but
    maybe so. I do have maint contracts that cover these files, but I know I
    also have access to files that I don't have contracts for. Is Cisco perhaps
    redirecting you to something else? After logging in, check your browser to
    see if you are on a separate page.

    Scooby, Aug 11, 2004