    I`ve tried to "erase startup-config" but it`s not reseted to factory-settings.

    Best regards
    Ernst

    ernst, Mar 8, 2005

  2. ernst

    John Smith Guest

    did you reboot it after you did this?

    John Smith, Mar 8, 2005

  3. ernst

    BradReeseCom Guest

    Hi Ernst,

    Enter the command:

    write erase

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.ComĀ® Cisco Resource Center
    United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294
    U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    Website: http://www.BradReese.Com/

    BradReeseCom, Mar 8, 2005
  4. ernst

    krycheq Guest

    Erasing the startup config is only half the work. You're going to need
    to go into the flash and delete the vlan.dat file as well if you truly
    want it at factory defaults. This file contains all the vtp domain and
    vlan info for the last network is was attached to.

    switch# delete flash:vlan.dat

    like that...

    Scott

    krycheq, Mar 8, 2005
  5. ernst

    ernst Guest

    Hi,

    I`ve tried this, but it dosnt work.
    i can not find a vlan.dat in the flash.
    Does anybody know why? Or what else i can do?

    BR
    Ernst

    ernst, Mar 9, 2005
  6. ernst

    krycheq Guest

    So when you do a

    switch#dir flash:

    it does not display a file called vlan.dat?

    If that is the case, then simply issue a write erase and reboot. The
    switch should be defaulted after that.

    Can you tell us what leads you to believe that the switch isn't
    factory-defaulted?

    Scott

    krycheq, Mar 11, 2005