Catalogue software for +50.000 pictures (mac)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Charlotte, Jul 29, 2008.

  1. Charlotte

    Charlotte Guest

    I used to be quite happy with Photoshop Album, but it can't handle the
    amount of photos that I have now. A friend told me that Photoshop
    Album is based on an access database, which is not suitable for
    handling more than 20.000 entries. So no wonder that it got really
    really slow as time went on.

    Any recommendations? I have just switched from PC til mac, which
    narrows down the possibilities.

    I'm aware of Lightroom, Microsoft Expression and a few others, but
    they seem to workflow software more than just for cataloguing.

    I would like to be able to:
    - tag pictures with my own labels
    - make basic editing (as cropping, light adjusting, red eye removal -
    the rest I'll fix in photoshop)
    - make date-based searched (= find pictures from a specific date or
    period of time)

    Any suggestions?

    Charlotte, Jul 29, 2008