    secondary SUP if I need in a case of a update crash to change back !!

    Thanks
    Udo

    udo, Oct 28, 2006

  2. udo

    Make Guest

    This is one way:
    Pull out the secondary sup. Upgrade the first from catos to ios.
    When all is working ok, power down the 6509. Pull out the IOS sup, and put
    the catos sup back.
    Put power on, and upgrade from catos to ios. Then power off from 6509, put
    the first sup back, and power on.

    Make, Oct 28, 2006

  3. 1. Check if you have enough space on your bootflash filesystem. If needed,
    delete old files and squeeze filesystem:

    dir 1/
    del 1/bootflash:<OldCatOSImage>
    sque 1/bootflash:
    dir 2/
    del 2/bootflash:<OldCatOSImage>
    sque 2/bootflash:

    2. Copy new CatOS image to first SUP2, then to second.

    copy tftp 1/bootflash:
    copy tftp 2/bootflash:

    3. Change boot variable for both SUP2.

    set boot sys slash bootflash:<new-CatOS-Image> prepend 1
    set boot sys slash bootflash:<new-CatOS-Image> prepend 2

    4. If you need to upgrade MSFC2, you need to copy a new IOS image to both
    modules (In my case MSFCs are in SSO redundancy mode):

    dir bootflash:
    del bootflash:<OldIOSImage>
    sque bootflash:
    dir slavebootflash:
    del slavebootflash:<OldIOSImage>
    sque slavebootflash:
    copy tftp bootflash:
    copy bootflash:<NewIOSImage> slavrbootflash:

    5. Change boot variable:

    conf t
    no boot sys flash... (old boot command)
    boot sys flash bootflash:<NewIOSImage>
    Ctrl-Z
    wr mem

    6. Reboot whole switch (you may reboot SUP modules one by one, but in most
    cases you will have the same downtime due to line cards re-programming, as
    with a regular reboot).

    Good luck,

    Mike

    headsetadapter.com, Oct 28, 2006
  4. udo

    udo Guest

    Hi ,

    thanks for your detailed explanation....
    but right now maybe you can also help me
    I want to upgrade to 'c6sup22-dsv-mz.12.1-26.E2.bin
    Now when I tried to download the image there comes a message I don't
    have access ?!?! But I our company have a gold partner status. Also I
    can download several other images ....

    Maybe this image is no longer available !?!? I also think about to
    change to the 12.2 train....

    Thanks

    Udo

    udo, Oct 29, 2006
  5. udo

    Make Guest

    Make, Oct 29, 2006
  6. udo

    udo Guest

    This is the problem... I can't download this image with the feature set
    I need...
    I get an access denied.....
    but it is possible to download the enterprise feature set..what happens
    here ?

    udo

    udo, Oct 29, 2006
  7. udo

    Make Guest

    You should contact Cisco, there might be a problem with your account:
    http://www.cisco.com/ciscodotcom/toolkit/submit_a_question.html

    Dont upgrade to enterprise feature set, you have to pay more.
    You can downgrade the feature set to SP SSH 3DES LAN ONLY, if you dont need
    ipx...and you have only lan modules. Do you have only IP?
    What modules you have?

    Make, Oct 29, 2006
  8. udo

    udo Guest

    Yes, I need to contact cisco..but tommorow I need this software....

    Also I will downgrade..because our customer dont need ipx anymore and e
    had only IP...

    what do you mean with modules ? hardware modules ?

    udo, Oct 29, 2006
  9. udo

    Make Guest

    If you have only IP, and harware modules is only ethernet ports, the right
    feature set is service provider (12.1).

    Make, Oct 30, 2006