    about 2 metres.
    Would the cat5 survive the elements or am I best to run in through a bit of
    hosepipe or similar ?

    XPD, Jul 18, 2007

  2. XPD

    Smiles Guest

    Should be sweet. Had a cable running between myself and the guy nextdoor
    for quite a few years and it was fine. Was a good 20 meters outside too,
    over a fence and over a garage roof...

    Smiles, Jul 18, 2007

  3. XPD

    none Guest

    It'd probably be ok, but for what it costs, buy a roll of irrigation
    pipe (black PVC stuff) or even bog standard garden hose and run it
    through that.

    We buried ~300M of it in black irrigation pipe at my uni hostel once
    upon a time.

    none, Jul 18, 2007
  5. XPD

    peterwn Guest

    UV stability is a consideration - I have no idea what performance is
    like. Protection from blazing sunlight is probably worthwhile.

    peterwn, Jul 18, 2007
  6. XPD

    thingy Guest

    I'd thread it through a bit of old hose pipe....

    regards

    thing

    thingy, Jul 18, 2007
  7. You can get polyethylene jacketed gel filled CAT5 if you want it to last more
    than a few years.

    Mark Robinson, Jul 18, 2007
  8. XPD

    XPD Guest

    Thanks all, will put it in some old hose pipe :)

    XPD, Jul 18, 2007
  9. XPD

    Greg House Guest

    Just use plastic electrical conduit..

    Greg House, Jul 18, 2007
  10. XPD

    Steve Guest

    We have found that this is nowhere near as important as keeping it away
    from hedge trimmers and weedeaters.

    Steve, Jul 18, 2007
  11. XPD

    XPD Guest

    LOL
    Wont have that prob, will be about 1.5m off the ground :)

    XPD, Jul 18, 2007
  12. Just the right height to strangle the kids.

    --
    Nicolaas.

    2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
    Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

    .... Foreign words and phrases are not à propos.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jul 18, 2007
  13. XPD

    XPD Guest

    Nah, Ill probably find my cat swinging from it doing acrobatics, the nosey
    little shite :)

    XPD, Jul 18, 2007
  14. I take it there won't be any issue with ground loops?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 19, 2007
  15. No, cat5 is electrically isolated at each end.

    Mark Robinson, Jul 22, 2007