    Phil P. Guest

    Slept, rested and groomed! They only spent a small portion of their time
    actually doing something....

    Phil P., Oct 2, 2004

  2. John

    Mary Guest

    So they got all the benefits of indoor cats with none of the safety. I see.

    Mary, Oct 2, 2004

  3. John

    Ashley Guest

    Why? You're making a lot of very unsafe assumptions here.

    Ashley, Oct 2, 2004
  4. What assumption is unsafe? That the cat is a hunting animal by
    nature?

    Laurence Payne, Oct 2, 2004
  5. John

    John Guest

    Yes, we can now have pet passports in Britain. I think it is just for
    Dogs at the moment though but maybe for cats too I'm not sure?

    There is a very tiny microchip placed under the skin of the animal
    which when you put the scanner over the pet it brings up the number
    that is also the same number inside the passport. It is in the
    European Union for safe transit of pets over borders and to show that
    they don't have rabies etc and are healthy, as well as for their
    identification. These microchips though I don't believe work with
    positioning (maybe I am wrong on that) but I understand they are just
    for scanners to id the pet if lost then found, and for immigration and
    passport control in the EU.
    They have already done it though with a small domestic cat. I believe
    the BBC or SKY made the film.
    I would agree it is not good at the moment for an average person to do
    and will have to wait a bit longer. The smallest wireless camera I
    have seen is about the size of a one penny piece. If you include
    minimal small battery to provide a small duration of power you would
    probably be able to have the whole package the size of a matchbox. 3cm
    x 2cm perhaps.

    With this cat though it would have to be a lot smaller and a lot less
    obvious and noticeable otherwise he would take it apart in seconds :)

    As far as the range of the devices go, I don't believe that would be
    much of a problem. Some I have seen have a range up to 300 meters.
    Some less to only 100. I don't see this as much of a problem because
    the cats territory here in urban England is not that big a range, it
    is within a close radius of the home. The problem I can see, is if it
    ventures into other homes to visit its cat friends then the picture
    might disappear with the extra walls being an obstacle.

    I am going to keep researching and hoping for smaller cams to be
    available then I will make the film followed by phone call to Stephen
    Spielberg. "Close Encounters of the Cat Kind!" That has a nice ring
    to it don't you think? Or perhaps I will call George Lucas with my
    proposal "Attack of the Cats" You never know though, perhaps I will
    call Hugh Hefner at the Playboy Mansion, if the film shows him with a
    lot of his cat girlfriends. Their new logo could be the cat instead of
    the bunny.

    John

    John, Oct 2, 2004
  6. John

    Ashley Guest

    Let's start with your assumption that cat owners will be disappointed if
    their cats don't catch much. I really couldn't care whether my cats catch
    rats and mice when they're out. What I do care about is that they're having
    a good time.

    Then you could move on to your assumption that cat owners will be
    disappointed by their cats' behaviour full stop.

    Ashley, Oct 3, 2004
  7. John

    Phil P. Guest

    Silly me, I assumed the cat is a predator because she has four canine teeth
    in the front corners of her upper and lower jaws, which I again assumed are
    tools for seizing and killing prey. Silly me also assumed the cat's
    condyloid process are bar-shaped to allow her to hold struggling prey.

    If that's not bad enough, I also assumed the cat is an instinctive predator
    and cannot be dissuaded from hunting and killing her natural prey.

    Phil P., Oct 3, 2004
  8. John

    Phil P. Guest

    Exactly.

    I think its funny when outdoor proponents tell stories about their cats
    visiting neighbors' homes through their cat flaps. They let the cat out to
    go *outdoors*... and the cats go *indoors*! LOL!

    Phil P., Oct 3, 2004
  9. John

    Ashley Guest

    What has any of that to do with a cat's owner's feelings of disappointment
    or otherwise? It would help if you tried logic.

    Ashley, Oct 9, 2004
  10. John

    Phil P. Guest

    LOL! Logic? Not one of your silly posts made any sense!

    Phil P., Oct 10, 2004
  11. John

    Nat Guest

    Serious question here. Do you really think that the *other* animals around
    the neighbouhood stop and actually *think* to not not go near this cat
    purely because s/him has a Rooti as a brother?

    Because that does sound a bit silly.

    Nat, Oct 22, 2004
  12. John

    Debbie Parks Guest

    Hey dude I was just reding this and I wonderd what's with the "silly" crap?

    Debbie Parks, Oct 22, 2004