    Are there any remote commands that might help ? or ...

    regards

    Martin Bilgrav

    Martin Bilgrav, Aug 8, 2007

  2. Martin Bilgrav

    Trendkill Guest

    Sounds like a power or fan problem. Have you checked the requirements
    of the blade and/or limitations of whatever power supplies you are
    running? You can't reset a blade that is not powered up, and the
    chassis has to be shutting it down for a reason. I'd tend to think
    power as fan issues are usually only for sup720s and up....plus you'd
    get an error message.

    Trendkill, Aug 8, 2007

  3. I got dual 300 watts PSUs, and one other FWSM running in that chassis, so it
    is definently not a power issue.
    the Sup720-3b shuts down the blade after 15 min as there is no reason for a
    powered up blade that is not running correctly.
    This is normal.
    On the 1st FWSM I tried the onboard PC CONSOLE at 19200 bits, and very soon
    after insertion I get BIOS etc output from the blade.
    On the 2nd FWSM I get ... zip
    So I think it is faulty - a DOA blade !
    So unless someone can tip me some magic commands, I will go for a RMA.

    Thanks,
    Martin

    Martin Bilgrav, Aug 8, 2007
  4. Martin Bilgrav

    MC Guest

    what are your calculated used power credits for all installed modules
    against what the power supplies will produce ?

    MC, Aug 10, 2007