    before. Any tips to removing that cable - without damaging the
    Ethernet port - would be greatfully welcomed.

    patiwat_at_sloan.mit.edu

    patiwatp, Apr 26, 2006

  2. patiwatp

    Sjaakie Guest

    schreef:
    You could try to use a small screwdriver (like they use for repairing
    watches). Stick it where the clip used to be and put some light presure
    on it (make the tip tilt slightly upwards) while gently pulling the RJ-45.

    Good luck

    Sjaakie, Apr 26, 2006

  3. patiwatp

    hstamm Guest

    On 26 Apr 2006 02:41:48 -0700, wrote:

    I would assume that the RJ 45 connector was not properly crimped what
    resulted in jamming at the port.
    After you have broken the clip, which holds the connector in place,
    there is no need to try and hold this clip down. It's gone!
    Fallow the tip from the previous poster by gently rocking the RJ 45
    out of the port but I would apply a little spray of WD40 or similar.

    Good luck!
    Regards
    Helmut

    hstamm, Apr 27, 2006
  4. patiwatp

    Travis M. Guest

    If you just purchased it the warranty should still apply. Take
    it back to the seller.

    Travis M., Apr 27, 2006
  5. patiwatp

    jacobyd Guest

    Did you try needle-nose pliers to squeeze the clip and grab the connector at
    the same time?

    jacobyd, May 2, 2006
  6. patiwatp

    Zeng Guest

    patiwat(p):

    A "trick" used in similar cases in the service sector is to get a can
    of "freeze spray" sold in some specialized electronics parts stores.
    When the freeze spray hits the connector, it should contract
    ever-so-slightly but probably enough to allow an extraction. That
    amazingly used to get you out of jam in some cases.

    I'd stay away from the WD-40 though...you'll be setting yourself up
    for intermittant connections later on. The petroleum products are
    probably harsh in comparison to the 'old' tuner-cleaner or better
    known now as "contact cleaner" solutions.

    Zeng

    Zeng, May 3, 2006
  7. patiwatp

    Pete Guest

    You're at MIT: take it over to the IT department and have them get the thing
    out.

    Pete, Sep 6, 2006