cat 4000 works as hub? strange..

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Sebastian Sawicki, Feb 22, 2007.

  1. Hi,
    I have cat 4006 with several cat3500 (GBIC trunk) and all vlans are
    defined on cat4006 and there is root vtp.
    Vlans works ok, on all swithes I see all of vlans, etc. Most of them are
    used on cat4006, one of vlan (no 3) is used on cat4006 and (remote, over
    the gbit trunks) cat3500's.

    I'm observe strange behavior - when host on other vlans (ie 5, 11 etc)
    and connected to 4006 send's tcp packets to host in vlan 3 and
    physically connected to switch's over trunk (cat35000) - hosts in the
    same vlan but connected to cat 4006 received all tcp packet's (but only
    from other vlan to vlan 3, from 3 to 3 and 3 to other - no).

    simple schema: :)

    [cat4006]=== gbic trunk ==[cat3500]
    host,vlan11 tcp--> host, vlan3
    all hosts on vlan3
    and cat4006 recive this
    packet

    [cat4006]== gbic trunk ==[cat3500]
    host,vlan11 <--tcp tcp,vlan3
    works ok

    I'm checked everything and everything looks ok..
    Any Idea?

    S.

    Sebastian Sawicki, Feb 22, 2007

  2. Sebastian Sawicki napisa³(a):
    maybe it's caused by full MAC table
    show mac-address-table count

    D.

    [email protected], Feb 26, 2007

  3. P1-C1> (enable) sh cam count dynamic
    Total Matching CAM Entries = 289
    P1-C1> (enable) sh cam count permanent
    Total Matching CAM Entries = 0
    P1-C1> (enable) sh cam count static
    Total Matching CAM Entries = 72
    P1-C1> (enable) sh cam count system
    Total Matching CAM Entries = 86

    looks ok..

    I find strange things: when I recive 'broadcast' - the destination host
    on this moment cannot be found by 'sh cam <mac>' - few seconds (well,
    sometmes few minutes) leater when cat4006 learn(?) mac's - packet's was
    sending directly..

    S.

    Sebastian Sawicki, Feb 27, 2007