    any suggestions welcome....

    Ronald

    , Jul 16, 2005

  2. Lin Chung Guest

    Ronald wrote
    > ...problem with this casio [Z750]:
    > ...the image is out of sync and lags behind the sound that was
    > recorded....viewed on the camera do not have this problem.
    > ...on my PC with both real player and windows media player,
    > both have the same problem....

    Try this: VLC Media Player
    http://www.videolan.org/

    Excerpt from its "Introduction":
    "Originally called VideoLAN Client, VLC media player is the main software of
    the VideoLAN solution.... "
    "VideoLAN is a complete software solution for video streaming and playback,
    developed by students of the Ecole Centrale Paris and developers from all
    over the world, under the GNU General Public License (GPL). VideoLAN is
    designed to stream MPEG videos on high bandwidth networks.
    VideoLAN was originally designed for network streaming but VideoLAN's main
    software, VLC media player has evolved to become a full-featured
    cross-platform media player...."
    In a nutshell, an open source *universal* media player.

    Please report back the result.

    --
    Lin Chung
    [Replace "the Water Margin" with "ntlworld" for e-mail].

    Lin Chung, Jul 17, 2005

  3. Guest

    >the image is out of sync and lags behind the sound that
    > was recorded. The movies files viewed on the
    >camera do not have this problem.

    That should be telling you something.. It is obviously a problem with
    your playback method, most likely old codecs. Google the word 'codec'.
    And we could possibly have helped more directly if you had said what
    type of movies they were. AVI, MPG, MOV,...... Check the cameras
    specifications for the movie type/version, then check your players to
    see if they are 100% compatible.

    , Jul 17, 2005
  4. Guest

    they are MPEG-4, 640x480 VGA, 30fps, AVI files

    I'll check out the videolan and the codecs, and post results back to
    the group

    , Jul 17, 2005
  5. Guest

    VLC plays them just fine !