  1. An interesting-looking product. I'll try to see if this, or the
    Thomas product other posters mentioned, are available in
    Canada.

    Anthony Buckland, Jan 7, 2004

  2. I'd prefer to be asked if I had a string of D cells. ;)

    Anthony Buckland, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Anthony Buckland

    stan Guest

    I just wrap sets of freshly charged AA batteries in a heavy rubberband.
    Each set is wrapped separately and kept in my camera bag. Then when I
    need to recharge, I just recharge the batteries that are not wrapped.

    stan, Jan 7, 2004
  4. Did you know that the Manhattan Project temporarily (I _think_ it
    was temporarily) liberated considerable quantities of silver from the
    Treasury to build large electromagnetic coils during WWII?

    Anthony Buckland, Jan 7, 2004
  5. "Are you glad to see me, or are your pants on fire?"

    Phil Stripling, Jan 7, 2004
  6. I bought a small carrying bag for a GPS or similar sized battery-using
    device, and it had those loops which I used for some months. I am sorry to
    say that they lost their elasticity way too quickly, and the batteries were
    always falling out. Just useless now.

    Phil Stripling, Jan 7, 2004
  7. Anthony Buckland

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Can't imagine what the Manhattan project would have done with them, but
    I can certainly see why the Oak Ridge project would have used large EM
    coils....

    Ron Hunter, Jan 7, 2004
  8. This is OT for photo stuff, but quoting from:

    http://www.childrenofthemanhattanproject.org/HF/Biographies - Men/bethe_cornell_3.htm

    Would anyone have guessed that in one of the labs there was 40-pound doorstop
    of solid gold, courtesy of Fort Knox? (Gold had been tried as a "tamper" - a
    neutron reflecting shield around the core - and found wanting.) Also lying
    around, discarded, was the largest piece of platinum in world. The scientists
    had asked for osmium, too, but were informed that their order exceeded the
    world's known supply. Then there was Dick Feynman, going around cracking all
    the safes, to show his colleagues that their secrets weren't secure. And there
    was Feynman's good friend, Klaus Fuchs, who turned out later to be a Russian
    spy, and who insinuated himself so successfully into the myriad activities of
    the lab that he didn't have to crack any safes. At the end of the project
    Fuchs edited the secret 24-volume encyclopedia that summed up all the work that
    had been accomplished.

    Michael Meissner, Jan 8, 2004
  9. Anthony Buckland

    GJP Guest

    After eading all the exellent comments I started to look for platic
    containers for batteries.
    I found a seller from Toronto Ont.Can. on eBay that sells batteries with
    cases also just cases to hold 4 AA or AAA batteries...just 99 cents US...if
    you are interested do a search on eBay for a seller named "Pro
    Source"...might be the guy you mentioned.

    GJP

    GJP, Jan 8, 2004