    nominal 99 cents probably prohibitive. I think I may just put a rubber
    band round that dental tape box to keep it shut. Or I may luck into
    a store that has one of the Thomas holders (tried three, no luck so far).

    Anthony Buckland, Jan 6, 2004

  2. Anthony Buckland

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Philip Harris wrote:

    My 10D uses a proprietary battery, but I have 2 sets of Ni-Mh batteries for
    my flash. It takes 4 cells and I like to cycle them.

    I've been doing the rubber band thing for a while.. I have a compartment in
    my camera bag for batteries and when I pull 4 off the charger, they get bound
    by a rubber band and placed in the compartment.

    I've never heard of anyone else doing it before, but it doesn't suprise me
    that it's a common trick.. Seems the best way to me :)

    Jim Townsend, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Anthony Buckland

    Webrosita Guest

    Webrosita, Jan 6, 2004
  4. Hi from Ireland,

    I place my batteries in an empty audio casette box - 6 will fit, or just put
    in 4 and fill the space remaining with a screwed up piece of paper.

    Anthony Larkin
    in the Emerald Isle!

    Anthony Larkin, Jan 6, 2004
  5. Anthony Buckland

    Ramon A Guest

    I use quite a few AA batteries for field applications (Scanner, GPS, etc) in
    another hobby and successfully use a stout rubber band to hold "SETS" of
    batteries together and put each banded set inside a small self sealing
    plastic bag (with plastic zipper). From there on, it dont matter if they
    lurk around in a tool box or bag - cos they wont short out to anything or
    each other. also it's axiomatic that my Banded batteries are fully charged.
    and Unbanded = used.
    Eureka.
    Ramon

    Ramon A, Jan 6, 2004
  6. Anthony Buckland

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Dan Sullivan, Jan 7, 2004
  7. I use the following battery canvas cases:

    http://www.drifterbag.com/battery.htm

    I have different colored bags for each set, so I can keep track of which set is
    which (I usually carry 4 sets of AA plus the sets in my camera and flash).

    Michael Meissner, Jan 7, 2004
  8. Anthony Buckland

    Bobs Guest

    I generally mark each group of 4 cells with some identifier so that
    they can be charged together. These 4-cell groups are kept together
    with small, thick rubber bands that seem to work fine.

    Another thing I usually do when first using NiMH cells is to take a
    very sharp knife and remove the narrow ring of insulating plastic
    formed by the shrink-on cover at the base (minus terminal). This
    allows them to be used reliably in cameras and flashes that often fail
    to make reliable contact with the negative polarity terminal at the
    base.

    Bobs, Jan 7, 2004
  9. Anthony Buckland

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Gives new meaning to the term 'hot pockets', doesn't it?

    Ron Hunter, Jan 7, 2004
  10. "Are you glad to see me, or is that a AAA in your pocket?" :->

    Phil Stripling, Jan 7, 2004
  11. Anthony Buckland

    Tom Monego Guest

    Standard plastic sandwich bags, I cary 6 at a time for my strobe and the
    lithium batteries for my camera. Seems to work well.

    Tom

    Tom Monego, Jan 7, 2004
  12. Anthony Buckland

    G. Louie Guest

    I also bought charger and batts from Thomas Distrib, so I have a bunch of
    2 AA and 4AA plastic boxes, which are fine, but can rattle. I also use
    thick zip lock bags, 3x5 inch, 4 mil. They hold up to 8, but I load 4 and
    fold it over.

    G. Louie, Jan 7, 2004
  13. Anthony Buckland

    AT Guest

    reminds me of a phys ed teacher that carried a box of matches in the
    pants pocket, aoutside in 90 degree weather.

    i have never seen a fire run so fast :))))

    AT, Jan 7, 2004
  14. Anthony Buckland

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Even a singly AA NIMH battery in your pocket with keys and coins can
    make a very significant impression on your leg, or other nearby
    structures.... BELIVE ME!

    Ron Hunter, Jan 7, 2004
  15. Anthony Buckland

    Chris Quinn Guest

    I was once swapping over the rechargeable battery in a laptop and put the
    new one under my chin to free up my hands while removing the discharged
    one - it shorted against the silver chain I was wearing (did you know silver
    has the highest conductivity of any metal) and I was left with a burn about
    6 inches long across my throat . I am very careful what I do with batteries
    now!

    Chris Quinn, Jan 7, 2004
  16. Anthony Buckland

    Alan Terry Guest

    Does anyone make a compartment to screw into the tripod thread under the
    camera?

    Alan Terry, Jan 7, 2004
  17. Anthony Buckland

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    You shootin in a nudist colony?

    Dan

    Dan Sullivan, Jan 7, 2004
  18. Anthony Buckland

    Markus L Guest

    Markus L, Jan 7, 2004
  19. Anthony Buckland

    Azzz1588 Guest

    My Samsonite camera bag as little loops for carrying 4 AA's, and
    small pockets that each hold 2 more AA's (3 small pockets.)

    Completely safe, and has been for two years now :)

    Azzz1588, Jan 7, 2004
  20. Not that I know of, but if it is spare batteries for the camera, and the camera
    takes an external AC adaptor, you might want to check out the DPS-9000 that
    Ritz/Wolf/Cameraworld sells. It screws into your tripod socket, and you use a
    cable to attach it to the AC adaptor. I have found I get ~ 5 hours on my
    C-2100UZ (plus the 4-5 hours that the AA batteries give me):

    http://www.ritzcamera.com/webapp/wc...0001&langId=-1&productId=9621132&cmCat=SEARCH

    Michael Meissner, Jan 7, 2004