    size when it runs out and I remove the mechanism, but the catch is
    a little too easy to trigger by casual pressure, dumping the batteries
    to seek the nearest short circuit :) .

    Anthony Buckland, Jan 6, 2004

  2. You can get three sets of four into a Koday yellow slide box (as supplied
    in the UK many years ago!).

    David

    David J Taylor, Jan 6, 2004

  3. Anthony Buckland

    Ed Ruf Guest

    http://www.thomas-distributing.com/batteryholder-index.htm
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Jan 6, 2004
  4. I don't carry them in anything special -- the camera bag in a smaller
    pocket. I haven't had any fires yet. :->

    I have a bunch of small nylon bags of various sizes and colors (maybe 6
    inches long, by 2 or 3 inches in width and depth) with AAs in one, AAAs in
    another, and 9V in another, all loose, all non-rechargeable (I often have
    no access to recharging facilities). I know there are places that sell
    plastic battery holders, but I've never seen a need for them in my
    gear. I can squeeze those nylon bags of loose batteries into nooks and
    crannies that a box of batteries wouldn't fit.

    For four batteries, if my camera bag didn't have a place for them, I'd put
    them in my pocket; I usuall wear cargo pants, so pockets aren't a
    problem. Cargo vest, cargo shorts, cargo shirt. And if you only need 4 AAs
    as spares, you aren't taking enough pictures. :->

    Have fun, but don't set yourself on fire.

    Phil Stripling, Jan 6, 2004
  5. Anthony Buckland

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I am sure your local camera store will produce a number of 'wallets'
    with storage for spare batteries, and flash cards. Mine did. Not the
    most compact possible storage, but certainly works for me.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 6, 2004
  6. I buy my batteries from www.thomasdistributing.copm. They send along handy
    plastic containers, free. To let me know if the batteries in the case need
    recharging, I put the batteries in all aligned the same way when I take them
    from the charger, and face them in opposite directions when I take them from
    the camera.

    Marvin Margoshes, Jan 6, 2004
  7. Anthony Buckland

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Just be SURE that pocket contains ONLY batteries and that they can't
    line up in a circle, end to end, or the results can be rather exciting
    in the case of NIMH, at least.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 6, 2004
  8. Anthony Buckland

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi...

    I bought a few sets of "Digicam" brand batteries from
    Ebay that offered a free case with each set of four...

    The case is just about perfect IMHO. Transparent
    enough that you can see what set is in it... difficult
    enough to open that the youngsters can't do it.

    Can't remember exactly who the seller was - he was in
    Toronto, Canada - but the deal was perfect - and seems to
    be an on-going sale.

    I'll be happy to email you a pic of it if you like,
    along with the sellers email address. Let me know.

    And you're right - I don't want to have one short in
    my pants pocket, either. Not again! :(

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Jan 6, 2004
  9. Anthony Buckland

    ellis veech Guest

    Thats what I do. I order the 2200 mah batteries and Thomas supplies a
    carrying case.

    --
    Olympus C-740
    Photoshop 7.0

    ellis veech

    ellis veech, Jan 6, 2004
  10. Anthony Buckland

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi...

    GREAT idea!!! :)

    Until now I've just been trying to remember which is which.
    And given that I'm getting a little long in the tooth, usually
    forgetting. :(

    Thanks! :)

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Jan 6, 2004
  11. Anthony Buckland

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi...

    Just a heads up, they *don't* have to line up like we
    think would be normal.

    Happened to me; my pocket; and my leg :(

    Just a Kodak battery that had a slightly unusual plastic
    wrap at the top. Meant that the positive end had a
    tiny piece of the case shell exposed.

    I'll never ever ever carry them without a case again.

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Jan 6, 2004
  12. Anthony Buckland

    bob Guest

    I keep my charged batteries is a small vinyl pouch from a minidisc player.
    When they have discharged, I put them into a small plastic ziplock bag.
    Mostly I use them one at a time in the minidisc recorder, rather than using
    a set of 4 in a camera, but if I did, I would use a similar system.

    Bob

    bob, Jan 6, 2004
  13. Anthony Buckland

    Mike Fields Guest

    Check out these neat little nylon cases for batteries -- I have a
    number of them and have been very happy with them. I store
    the batteries in them with the positive end up when charged,
    down when removed from camera/gps and have a small note card
    in the case with the last time charged noted on it since batteries
    self discharge over time.
    http://store.yahoo.com/greenbatteries-store/nylbatwalwit.html

    --
    Mike "mikey" Fields
    http://home.comcast.net/~mike.fields/

    Linux users brag on how long their system stays up,
    Window users assume it's a temporary condition ...

    Mike Fields, Jan 6, 2004
  14. Anthony Buckland

    Marcel Guest

    I'm using those old trusty Kodak black film canisters. 2 just fit in. Fuji
    is no good.

    Marcel

    Marcel, Jan 6, 2004
  15. Anthony Buckland

    Charlie Self Guest

    Marvin Margoshes reports:
    I get most of my batteries from the same place, and I've been using the
    reversal of alternate batteries technique way back when I discovered NiCds
    would work in some photo gear. Great minds think alike. A glance and you know.

    Charlie Self
    "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker

    Charlie Self, Jan 6, 2004
  16. Anthony Buckland

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Has any
    www.thomas-distributing.com has some nice little carrying cases.

    Paul Rubin, Jan 6, 2004
  17. Anthony Buckland

    Wombat Guest

    Energizer 2100 mAh NiMH batteries come in a reusable plastic container
    -- each cell is held in its own compartment.

    Art Rosenberg

    Wombat, Jan 6, 2004
  18. Anthony Buckland

    SRA Guest

    I'll second the Energizers. Why spend twice as much at Thomas Distributing
    plus shipping? Some purists will split hairs I suppose, but the Energizers
    do the job just as well and include a case.

    SRA, Jan 6, 2004
  19. I buy my batteries from www.thomasdistributing.copm. They send along
    handy
    An old, old photographers' trick:

    Wrap rubber bands around your packs of freshly-charged batteries. To use
    the batteries in your camera you must first remove the rubber band. Feeling
    in your camera case, any batteries that don't have a rubber band around them
    aren't fresh for use.

    I do the same with my memory cards.

    Philip Harris, Jan 6, 2004
  20. I'm fond of cheap solutions:

    I simply throw them into a small ("sandwitch size") ziplock bag.

    Add another bag for used batteries, and that's all I need.

    Terje

    Terje Mathisen, Jan 6, 2004