    buy a spare battery at a fair price from a reliable online vendor?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike, Feb 19, 2006

  2. Mike

    Dootje Guest

    Mike,

    Most probably you are worried that your battery performance may decline
    because of the so-called memory effect. With lithium ion batteries, though,
    this is not supposed to happen. Apart from their higher energy content
    (Ampère-hours per volume) compared to conventional nickel-cadmium types,
    this is an important reason why Li-ion are favoured in applications like
    laptop computers and PDA's. So don't worry about recharging too often. Then
    again, eventually all batteries die for some reason...

    As for spare batteries, my personal experience is that there is a market
    online, but you have to make sure you're not dealing with a fake copy.
    Quality comes at a price, especially with parts like these. I would opt for
    the authorized dealer around the corner in this case.

    Dootje

    Dootje, Feb 19, 2006

  3. Mike

    Adam Grinter Guest

    Where can I

    You don't say what country you live in, which is fairly important
    information.

    If you are in Australia, try http://powermart.com.au/webcontent23.htm. I
    used them once and it seemed OK.

    Adam Grinter, Feb 19, 2006
  4. Mike

    Celcius Guest

    Hi Mike!

    I have an extra battery with my Canon Rebel XT.

    This is what a Canon rep. told me. It's true there isn't a memory with
    those new batteries. However, in the battery life, there is a number of
    "recharge", after which, the battery will cease to recharge properly
    and completely. The idea then is to recharge it when it's completely
    flat. What I do is to keep a spare charged battery with me. When mine
    is flat, I put in the fresh one in. Later, I recharge the depleted one.
    It's true that by the time I put in the "fresh" battery in, it lost
    some of its charge, but not to any extent.

    I always buy the Canon ones. The differnece in price isn't all that
    much. Even $10 won't kill you ;-)

    Cheers,

    Marcel

    Celcius, Feb 19, 2006
  5. Mike

    ASAAR Guest

    If the difference is only $10 then getting original Canon
    batteries would be justified. But with my old Powershot S10/S20, I
    found the difference to be about $25 or $30. It's probably greater
    with Olympus batteries since they sell in smaller numbers. The
    BLM-1 is $59.99 if bought from Olympus, but non-OEM replacements
    can be bought from B&H, J&R and Adorama for about $40 less.

    ASAAR, Feb 19, 2006
  6. Mike

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    Read the manual.

    The usual suspects such as amazon.com and better photo retailers such as
    B&H should have what you need.

    Shawn Hirn, Feb 19, 2006
  7. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hi Dootje, yes I'm worried about the battery memory effect.
    I only paid $239.00 for camerA, $79.99 FOR a GB hi speed xD card.
    Repalcement batteries are about $40.00. Online, I've seen deals for less
    than half that price. My brother has the same camera I'd like to find
    a good two for one deal then send the extra battery to my brother.
    My concern with online vendors is reliability and a replacment battery
    that will not damage my camera.

    Mike

    Mike, Feb 19, 2006
  8. Mike

    Mike Guest

    sorry, USA

    Mike, Feb 19, 2006
  9. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Hi Marcel, the manual states the battery is good for 300 recharges.
    At this point, I don't know how long the battery will last during
    shooting.
    Yesterday, I shot three short videos many many pictures some w/
    flash. Last night I noticed the in camera battery meter still showed trhge
    battery
    as fully charged.

    Mike

    Mike, Feb 19, 2006
  10. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Yes, that's what I saw when I Googled replacement batteries.

    Mike

    Mike, Feb 19, 2006
  11. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I was hoping to get a recommendation for a proven non Olympus mfg
    replacement battery.

    Mike

    Mike, Feb 19, 2006
  12. In UK, Battery finder at-
    http://www.battery-force.co.uk/finder.html?application=CAMERA&devicetype=Dig
    ital%20Camera&brand=OLYMPUS

    Their batteries are well-known branded-name batteries, service is superb,
    lots of e-mails, tracking numbers etc., and mine came with a wrapped
    chocolate biscuit as a bonus!

    Ate the biscuit (no ill effects) and charged the battery. So far it performs
    better than the one supplied with the camera!

    Dennis.

    Dennis Pogson, Feb 19, 2006
  13. Mike

    Celcius Guest

    Dennis,
    What battery are you talking about? For what camera?
    Thanks,
    Marcel

    Celcius, Feb 19, 2006
  14. Mike

    Mike Perkins Guest

    Mike Perkins, Feb 19, 2006
  15. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Yep, I gotta get a spare battery.

    Mike

    Thanks Mike!
    I didn't see that.
    Then what the rep. told me makes eminent sense. Better to have 300 full
    charges than 300 ¾ charges ;-)
    Marcel

    Mike, Feb 19, 2006
  16. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I reviews that website yesterday. I'm going to call them Monday.

    Mike

    Mike, Feb 19, 2006
  17. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Sure would like one of these tasty biscuits, but since I'm in the US
    guess I should probably stick with a state side vendor. However.
    for my son's Christmas present I order golf related paraphernalia
    from the St Andrew's golf course trust and was treated well very including
    the package from Saint Andrews arrived four days after online ordering
    while the Pebble Beach Golf Club order took ten days from date of online
    order.

    Mike

    Mike, Feb 19, 2006
  18. Mike

    Mike Guest

    LI-12B for Olympus C-7000 Zoom.

    Mike

    Mike, Feb 19, 2006
  19. Mike

    SMS Guest

    "http://sterlingtek.com/ollieqba.html"

    I've only bought Canon batteries from them, so I can't vouch for their
    Olympus batteries.

    SMS, Feb 19, 2006
  20. Mike

    Mike Guest

    How do the batteries from SterlingTek compare to Canon batteries?
    Do you notice any performance differences?

    Mike

    Mike, Feb 20, 2006