    M card?

    best, Aaron

    , Dec 12, 2005

  2. Ed Guest

    I use the Sandisk 12-in-one reader. I use a 2 gig SD card and it works
    perfectly. There is an XD slot and I would assume it would read a 1 gig
    card of that type.
    Ed

    Ed, Dec 12, 2005

  3. HerHusband Guest

    Aaron,

    > I have been using the MediaGear USB 2.0 card reader which has a slot
    > for an XD card.
    > It worked well with the 16mb card that came with my Fujifilm A210
    > camera, but when I inserted the 1 gig xd card into the reader nothing
    > appeared.
    > Does anyone know of a card reader that IS compatible with XD 1 gig type
    > M card?

    I have the same situation. I bought an internal card reader from
    http://www.xpcgear.com/16in1fceplte.html. It works fine with the original
    16Meg card, but locks up the system if I try to access my 1 Gig XD card.

    My reader appears identical to the Bytec reader at
    http://www.byteccusa.com/product/cardreader/U2CR-418.htm, and seems to be
    sold by many vendors under generic names. But I haven't found any mention
    of 1 gig compatibility, or new drivers to support the larger cards.

    So far, the only reader I've seen that "claims" 1 gig compatibility is the
    Olympus Mausb-300.

    https://emporium.olympus.com/innards/empProdDetails.asp?sku=200335-410

    Unfortunately, it's an adapter that plugs into a USB port and not a true
    internal reader. So at this point, I'm still using the messy cable hookup
    that came with my Fuji F10 camera.

    If you find a solution, please share it here.

    Thanks!

    Anthony

    HerHusband, Dec 12, 2005
  4. Guest

    Dear Ed & HerHusband: thank's for your informative posts! I did phone
    the MediaGear tech support dept & they assured me that their latest
    model , a 14 in one reader, would work with 1 gig. best, Aaron

    HerHusband wrote:
    > Aaron,
    >
    > > I have been using the MediaGear USB 2.0 card reader which has a slot
    > > for an XD card.
    > > It worked well with the 16mb card that came with my Fujifilm A210
    > > camera, but when I inserted the 1 gig xd card into the reader nothing
    > > appeared.
    > > Does anyone know of a card reader that IS compatible with XD 1 gig type
    > > M card?

    > I have the same situation. I bought an internal card reader from
    > http://www.xpcgear.com/16in1fceplte.html. It works fine with the original
    > 16Meg card, but locks up the system if I try to access my 1 Gig XD card.
    >
    > My reader appears identical to the Bytec reader at
    > http://www.byteccusa.com/product/cardreader/U2CR-418.htm, and seems to be
    > sold by many vendors under generic names. But I haven't found any mention
    > of 1 gig compatibility, or new drivers to support the larger cards.
    >
    > So far, the only reader I've seen that "claims" 1 gig compatibility is the
    > Olympus Mausb-300.
    >
    > https://emporium.olympus.com/innards/empProdDetails.asp?sku=200335-410
    >
    > Unfortunately, it's an adapter that plugs into a USB port and not a true
    > internal reader. So at this point, I'm still using the messy cable hookup
    > that came with my Fuji F10 camera.
    >
    > If you find a solution, please share it here.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Anthony

    , Dec 16, 2005
  5. HerHusband Guest

    Aaron,

    >> Does anyone know of a card reader that IS compatible with
    >> XD 1 gig type M card?

    > I did phone the MediaGear tech support dept & they assured me
    > that their latest model, a 14 in one reader, would work with
    > 1 gig.

    Do you have a web site address or a model number for this reader? I
    searched for this reader on Google, but couldn't find a 14 in 1 reader on
    the mymediagear web site.

    Also, is this an INTERNAL card reader? I'm not interested in an external
    reader.

    Thanks,

    Anthony

    HerHusband, Dec 16, 2005
  6. Colin D Guest

    HerHusband wrote:

    > Aaron,
    >
    > >> Does anyone know of a card reader that IS compatible with
    > >> XD 1 gig type M card?

    > > I did phone the MediaGear tech support dept & they assured me
    > > that their latest model, a 14 in one reader, would work with
    > > 1 gig.

    > Do you have a web site address or a model number for this reader? I
    > searched for this reader on Google, but couldn't find a 14 in 1 reader on
    > the mymediagear web site.
    >
    > Also, is this an INTERNAL card reader? I'm not interested in an external
    > reader.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Anthony

    I've gone the other way, to an external reader. With two different
    internal readers, one with an integral floppy drive, I cannot get either
    of the damned things recognized by the OS, win2000 sp4. If, with the
    computer running, I unplug from, and replug the device to the m/board
    header, it gets recognized, but without that procedure, the OS doesn't
    see the reader.

    This just doesn't make sense to me. My laser and inkjet printers, and
    my scanner, all usb, never get unplugged, but are always recognized no
    problem. It's just the card reader. So I went external. If anyone has
    an answer for this conundrum, I would be interested ...

    Colin D.

    PS: Late top-line m/board, Asus P4C800-E DeLuxe, with 8 hi-speed usb
    ports.

    Colin D, Dec 16, 2005