    Thanks for your help in advance.

    Regards,

    GP

    Nazgulero, May 2, 2005

  2. Nazgulero

    Mr Ping Guest

    Nazgulero formulated the question :
    Sophisticated Traffic Management
    The Catalyst 3550-12T is capable of performing rate limiting via its
    support of the Cisco Committed Access Rate (CAR) functionality. Through
    CAR, bandwidth can be guaranteed in increments as low as 8K. Bandwidth
    can be allocated based on several criteria including MAC source
    address, MAC destination address, IP source address, IP destination
    address, and TCP/UDP port numbers. Bandwidth allocation is essential in
    network environments requiring service-level agreements or when it is
    necessary for the network manager to control the bandwidth given to
    certain users. In addition to CAR functionality, the Catalyst 3550-12T
    supports 128 aggregate or individual policers. This gives the network
    administrator very granular control of the LAN's bandwidth.

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/casi/ca3550/prodlit/3550p_ds.htm

    //Jan

    Mr Ping, May 2, 2005