    damaging the keyboard? Why did Microsoft, or whoever, put the Caps Lock key
    where it is? Probably the dumbest decision I have ever seen.

    Thanks!

    Julie P., Jul 8, 2004

  2. Julie P.

    jda Guest

    Nailfile, small screwdriver or similar will do the trick
    Jakob

    jda, Jul 8, 2004

  3. Julie P.

    °Mike° Guest

    I haven't tried it, but it looks like what you need.

    sMaRTcaPs
    http://www.phoebusllc.com/index.htm

    "sMaRTcaPs is the solution to the Caps Lock, Num Lock,
    and Insert key problems. Accidental touches will no longer
    ruin your documents nor waste your time. You control the
    response of the Caps Lock, Num Lock, and Insert keys so
    that each must be purposely held before it will toggle. You'll
    be notified by a unique sound when the Caps Lock, Num Lock,
    and Insert have been activated, and when each has been
    turned off. There are also 2 types of visual indicators for Caps
    Lock and Num Lock. Plus you can simulate the Caps Lock
    operation of typewriters and Macs. And all of this works in
    the background - for all your Windows 95 and later applications!"

    °Mike°, Jul 8, 2004
  4. Julie P.

    jda Guest

    Now we have programmes that can simulate feratures of Macs and almost help
    us with the stabillity of Linux, so now we are getting better of as PC
    users for every day
    Jakob

    jda, Jul 8, 2004
  5. Julie P.

    °Mike° Guest

    TINW. TINU.

    °Mike°, Jul 8, 2004
  6. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    Thanks Jakob! I will give it a try. Hopefully no permanent damage will
    occur.

    Julie P., Jul 8, 2004
  7. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    Hi Mike, thank you! Let me try removing the key first. If that doesn;t
    (there's that apostrophe/semi-colon problem I mentioned in my original
    post!) work, I will try that program. $15 is not too bad.

    J.

    Julie P., Jul 8, 2004
  8. SOme systems have a Sound or "Beep" feature when the Cap lock is pressed.
    It is enabled in the Bios. I have used this and it helps me, With the beep
    feature enables
    it tell you when ever you hit the Cap lock by mistake

    Fox Chase Watch, Jul 8, 2004
  9. Julie P.

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome. Just be aware that, as I said, I haven't
    tried it, so be careful that it carries no spyware, etc.

    °Mike°, Jul 8, 2004
  10. Julie P.

    rfdjr1 Guest

    I use a little utility program called AntiCapsLock. Once installed,
    you activate it in Control Panel using the Keyboard option, There was
    a nominal fee for it, but it works great for me. I too hate that Caps
    Lock key
    http://www.orionsoft.cz/anticapslock

    rfdjr1, Jul 8, 2004