    error and the system has to restart. the brand of memory i'm using is
    Corsair. is their a certain way to set it up to use duel channel in x64? the
    memory worked fine on 32 bit windows pro. thanks.

    Guest, Aug 24, 2005

  2. There are no differences in how memory is setup or configured. It's possible
    that something has gone south on one of your memory modules -- it certainly
    sounds like it. I'd definitely contact Corsair, who may well have a testing
    application. And they should certainly stand behind their memory without
    issues.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    i'll try to contact corsair, i was hoping there would be a quick fix, but i
    guess not :(
    By the way, thanks, reading your posts helped me get all the problems i had
    with my drivers squared away.

    Guest, Aug 24, 2005
  4. Guest

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Minor gripe here...

    It's *DUAL* channel (as in two channels), not Duel channel (as in a staged
    gunfight).

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Aug 24, 2005
  5. Glad to help. If you can't find a test application on the corsair site, you
    could try this: http://www.memtest86.com/ -- haven't used it, but others
    here have reported well on it.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 24, 2005
  6. Guest

    warpsix Guest

    When i got my a8v i had a issue with lossing video when i placed the 2nd
    stick into the 2nd blue slot
    i replaced the stick and it worked fine.strange thing the bad stick
    would work in the 1st black slot but windows would not see it is dual
    channel

    warpsix, Aug 24, 2005
  7. Guest

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Who woke-up the spell check monster again? Also NoNoBadDog won't pass
    spell check either without adding it to the custom dictionary.

    Dennis Pack, Aug 24, 2005
  8. Guest

    Dennis Pack, Aug 24, 2005
  9. Guest

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Sorry for the double post. I'm playing with Thunderbird and OE.

    Dennis Pack, Aug 24, 2005
  10. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    I don't know on the BIOS for the Via chipset, but on the Nvidia chipset
    during POST when it counts the memory, it shows whether it is operating as
    dual channel memory. Nothing to do with the OS as Charlie stated. Do the
    test he suggested. Make sure you have the memory in the correct slots to
    work as dual memory.

    John Barnes, Aug 24, 2005
  11. Guest

    A HO Guest

    Hey

    I have the same MB and same memory...AND had the same problem when puting it
    together at first!!

    A simple bios upgrade did the trick....

    A HO, Aug 24, 2005
  12. Guest

    Ted Guest

    Some motherboards require that you remove the Video card
    before moving memory sticks around.

    Ted, Aug 24, 2005
  13. Guest

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi, just to let you all know that the latest A8V bios, 1014, doesn't
    actually show whether, or whether not, the memory chips are running in dual
    channel. The only way to make sure is to use either CPU-Z or Everest......
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Aug 24, 2005