    Can somebody please guide me as to what I can try. I already went and
    downloaded and burned a cd with the stinger virus cleaner. Tried to load
    avg's programs but can't. HELP!!!!

    Danielle Magliaro, Dec 5, 2006

  2. Danielle  Magliaro

    Mara Guest

    If you can't use IE, I assume you used some other browser to get to Stinger?

    If you did, also do a google search for AdAware SE Personal (free,) Spybot
    Search and Destroy, (free,) and Webroot Spy Sweeper has an online scanner to
    use. Be sure to update them all before running, if you can. Also, download the
    trial version of Kaspersky, update it, and run it. Stinger is not going to help
    you with this. If you can't do this, get a friend to download them for you. Run
    the spyware cleaners *before* you install Kaspersky.

    Then, download and use Firefox instead of IE, and use the NoScript extension
    with it, along with Adblock, and many, many other useful extensions.

    Mara, Dec 5, 2006

  3. Danielle  Magliaro

    AnonyMouse Guest

    Stinger only concentrates on a few high-risk virus/worm attacks--thus
    you need a full-featured antivirus program in order to do the trick. A
    good free one is available at www.avast.com, I use it and it does the trick.

    Another good place to try is www.securitytango.com--it's a web site that
    has detailed instructions of how to totally rid your computer of malware
    and other junk. I've recommended it to others here who have found that
    it worked.

    AnonyMouse, Dec 7, 2006
  4. Danielle  Magliaro

    AnonyMouse Guest

    Oh, whoops--I should have said that in response to the OP, not to the
    reply. Sorrt!

    AnonyMouse, Dec 7, 2006
  5. Danielle  Magliaro

    AnonyMouse Guest