Can't Turn Off NAV Outgoing E-mail Scanning

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Neil, Jun 25, 2005.

  1. Neil

    Neil Guest

    I am using Outlook Express 6 with Norton Internet Security 2005. I have
    Outlook Express configured to automatically hang up after sending mail,
    which causes Norton Antivirus to say that the message could not be sent
    because the connection was terminated.

    I told Norton Antivirus to not scan incoming or outgoing mail by unchecking
    those options. But it would still scan outgoing mail and give that error. I
    went into Internet Security options and turned of the options to turn off
    the tray icon and progress indicator when scanning e-mail. But it still
    scans e-mail and gives the error message.

    In addition to getting the error message, the e-mails are actually not sent,
    so it's more than just an annoying message.

    How can I get Norton Antivirus (v. 11.5) to stop scanning outgoing e-mail??

    Thanks!

    Neil, Jun 25, 2005

  2. Neil

    Jimmy Guest

    Hey. This was already posted. Im having a bit of trouble too. Please
    read "Outlook Express and Norton Internet Security" and the replies that
    follow.

    --Jimmy

    Jimmy, Jun 25, 2005

  3. Neil