    from appearing when I want to look at my C drive..I can change drives. No
    problem,,,,

    Cheers Peter..

    Peter, May 30, 2005

  2. Peter

    Bruce McLay Guest

    cd..
    repeat as required to reach desired destination

    from old memory bank which ran on dos

    Bruce McLay, May 30, 2005

  3. Peter

    H.O.G Guest

    or even simply:

    cd \

    H.O.G, May 30, 2005
  4. Peter

    Charlie G. Guest

    IIRC

    Prompt $p$g

    replaces the prompt line with just the drive & path

    Charlie

    Charlie G., May 30, 2005
  5. Peter

    H.O.G Guest

    That will be the drive and path.

    Thing is, I don't think he wants to remove the path info - he just
    wants to go to the root drive.

    H.O.G, May 30, 2005
  6. When you type CMD in the RUN box, you will see a Command Prompt Window
    defaulting to your user profile home directory (%Userprofile%). If you want
    to set the default path to a different directory, you may do so by editing
    the registry.

    Launch Regedit.exe and navigate to:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor

    In the right-pane, double-click Autorun and set the folder there, preceded
    by a CD\ (as you type in DOS). If Autorun is missing, create a new REG_SZ
    (String Value) there.

    Example: Typing just CD\ makes the Command Prompt default to C:\ drive or
    whatever drive you've installed Windows. You may also use a batch file so
    that it executes the contents automatically upon launching the Command
    Prompt. Some organizations display banners for their employees once CMD is
    launched.

    wogers nemesis, May 30, 2005
  7. Peter

    Peter Guest

    thx everyone .. yes it was the root drive but everyone advice greatfully
    received

    Peter, May 30, 2005