Can't stop PC from going to sleep/standby

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Guest, Dec 1, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm running an old IBM Celeron desktop. I understand the difference
    between standby, hibernation etc, and I have my Power Scheme 'Always
    On' for downloading purposes. Hibernation is enabled, but there is no
    'suspend' setting. I've also turned off all power settings in the BIOS.
    Problem is, that the PC still seems to shut down after an hour or so
    when I am afk, even though it is supposed to be busy downloading. It
    will usually revive when I hit 'return'. Is this because I am switching
    off the monitor when I leave it? Anyone have any clues? I dislike
    leaving the monitor on for two hours while I am not using it, so I'd
    like to get round this. I'm fairly sure the PC hasn't any infections.

    O.

    I am using:
    - MS Windows XP Professional SP2
    - AVG Anti-Virus Personal