    out there that forces any program to close, even if Task Manger can't
    do it? Thanks.

    George

    GM, Apr 15, 2007

  2. GM

    Aardvark Guest

    I find that threatening the computer with a 24-ounce claw hammer
    occasionally keeps it behaving well.

    Aardvark, Apr 15, 2007

  3. GM

    Kenny Guest

    Kenny, Apr 15, 2007
  4. GM

    thanatoid Guest

    IMHO Nero is a totally incomprehensible and illogical bloated
    pig. The only useful things are a couple of the utilities in the
    Toolkit, like if you want to find out who REALLY made your CD-R
    (not that there aren't any other programs - free - that will let
    you do it as well...).

    I have paid for, use and recommend CDRWin from
    www.goldenhawk.com

    If you want to stick with Nero, try this program to help with
    the hangs:

    http://www.iarsn.com/taskinfo.html

    I use a fairly old version, but I believe it is still shareware
    with a few minor functions disabled unless you register.

    There are a few things it will sometimes not be able to kill
    (mostly to do with Windows printing - what a joy THAT is) but
    you'll just have to find out for yourself.

    thanatoid, Apr 15, 2007
  5. GM

    GM Guest

    Thanks to all!