    know what I am doing wrong, please let me know.

    Thanks,
    NightShadows

    Guest, Apr 4, 2005

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Please make sure they are in the same "Workgroup". If you not done so,
    follow the steps:

    1. Right-click on "My Computer" - > Properties
    2. Click on Network Identification tab and then Change button.
    3. In WorkGroup textbox give a unique name in both the computer.
    4. Restart the computer

    Raj
    http://win-xp-sp.blogspot.com

    Guest, Apr 5, 2005

  3. Guest

    Malke Guest

    Actually, it is not necessary for both computers to be in the same
    Workgroup although it is neater. Since NightShadows hasn't told us the
    operating systems, versions, and service pack levels on his machines it
    is impossible to be specific. I can't guess what he is doing wrong.
    NightShadows - do you get any error messages? If so, what is the exact
    text? In the meantime, here are some links to help you with sharing. I
    would start with the excellent network troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg
    Michna. If you take the time to go through it carefully, it will
    pinpoint the problem area(s):

    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
    (Pro)