    to remove my usb connection on back of pc .Have tried an changed bios
    settings to no avail .Usb 2 and usb 1 will not work ant ideas .Have even
    reset bios but no help

    Anthony Crowder, Mar 16, 2007

  2. Anthony Crowder

    Cub Guest

    What is it with USB issues today ?

    When you say it will not work, do you get any error messages ?

    you could try a system restore to a point before you started messing :)

    if that fails, get in to hardware manager and remove any USB entries, they
    reboot and let XP discover the devices again

    why would you want to disable the rear USB anyway ?

    Cub

    Cub, Mar 16, 2007

  3. no it was working fine untill sp2 was installed . it will not work with no
    power out from the port
    i did go into the biosbut it will change the settings but still no usb .will
    give it a try
    thanks

    Anthony Crowder, Mar 16, 2007
  4. He said "after sp2 xp pro decided to remove my usb connection...". He
    didn't say he decided to disable it; he said the SP2 upgrade did.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 16, 2007
  5. Anthony Crowder

    Whiskers Guest

    If he'd been having such a problem with a Linux system, someone would have
    been sure to have posted along the lines of 'should use Windows, that never
    has problems with hardware'. Of course, he'd probably have got some
    useful answers too.

    Whiskers, Mar 16, 2007
  6. I suppose this is part of the fantastic Windows Genuine (Dis)Advantage.
    Or "All you machines are belong to us" as it's known.
    Seen plenty of windoze users claim that. I've seen some posts about
    problems with USB in windows. It staggered me that if a peripheral is
    removed from one slot, then plugged into another, windoze *insists* it's
    found new hardware & has to load drivers!?! Incredible.

    Whereas I've never thought about it, I've unplugged/replugged peripherals
    into the same machine/different machines/different USB slots, & my linux
    distros have never "batted an eyelid". They've just connected, without
    making a song & dance about it!
    More than likely.

    William Poaster, Mar 16, 2007
  7. Anthony Crowder

    Cub Guest

    Sorry it was early when i read the OP

    Cub

    Cub, Mar 16, 2007
  8. Yeah, Windows -- it just works. <giggle>

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 17, 2007