    Does anyone have any ideas?

    Many thanks
    JB

    Jayne Beaumont, Feb 23, 2007

  2. Jayne Beaumont

    why? Guest

    Somebody had to.
    Then it's not :)
    Your Vista firewall / AV isn't blocking incoming filesharing?

    "Can't See Other Computer On Home Network" how, you can't map a drive,
    can't ping by IP or name, can't browse network?

    Even if you can't browse, can you manually map a network drive to the
    \\computer\sharename? Also try using \\ip-address\sharename.

    Turn on the VIsta PC first and wait for it to boot, then turn on the XP
    PC. The newer version of any MS Win OS prefers to be the one to handle
    name resolution.

    You did create a share, with all the correct permissions? Not just
    turning on sharing as you mention below.

    You did add the usernames to the share?

    Usually the case, I have heard that a lot but never had it happen.

    Never needed to use the wizard, it seems to either work or often
    mentioned not to use it.
    Sharing to what?
    Disable guest account.
    You have the same account username / password on each PC?
    Me

    why?, Feb 23, 2007

  3. Thanks for the advice. Managed to sort it. The network was set to
    'private' instead of 'public' on the Vista PC. Changed it and all is
    working fine now.

    Cheers
    JB

    Jayne Beaumont, Feb 23, 2007