    "D"
    what do i do now ???
    dnw

    don ward, Feb 3, 2008

  2. don ward

    doS Guest

    format the d part

    doS, Feb 3, 2008

  3. don ward

    don ward Guest

    Cannot see or find the "D" how do I find it ?? or create it??

    don ward, Feb 3, 2008
  4. don ward

    G. Morgan Guest

    Is this a troll??

    G. Morgan, Feb 3, 2008
  5. don ward

    G. Morgan Guest

    If it's not I apologize.

    Start -> Run -> type 'compmgmt.msc'

    Storage --> Disk Management

    Right click part. , select format

    G. Morgan, Feb 3, 2008
  6. don ward

    don ward Guest

    Many thanks at 77 yo i sometimes get over my head...
    I did as you suggested
    found 224gb unallocated and unformatted, I can format as primary or
    extended... since i use "C" for my programs do i use the 224 gb
    primary or extended it going to be for storing completed wav files
    many thanks for your time and i didnt take offense of your troll ..
    dnw

    don ward, Feb 3, 2008
  7. don ward

    G. Morgan Guest

    Hey Don --

    Format it as primary. Use NTFS file system, default allocation unit.

    You're doing better than any other 77 y/o'ers I know!

    G. Morgan, Feb 3, 2008
  8. don ward

    don ward Guest

    At the recommendtion of the software instructions to up date bios when
    going from 98se to xp... now the cd drive is not recognized... duhhh
    should have stayed with 98
    any solutions to this Morgan ??
    does removing the battery revert bios back to original
    dnw

    don ward, Feb 3, 2008
  9. don ward

    philo Guest

    No...just go into the Control Panel

    Administrative tools

    Computer management

    Disk management

    now you will hopefully see your new drive listed there as un-allocated

    at this point all you need do is partition and format it...
    and Windows should automatically assign it a drive letter

    philo, Feb 3, 2008
  10. don ward

    Ben Myers Guest

    If you are trying to boot from a CD, go into the BIOS setup and
    change the boot sequence. Be sure to save the change when
    exiting. If you need a boot floppy with CD drivers, see
    http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Feb 3, 2008
  11. don ward

    G. Morgan Guest

    What do you mean the CD is not recognized? Do you mean it wont BOOT from the
    CD? Or do you mean the system does not see it at all?

    No - removing the batt. will not revert the BIOS. You really should not be
    flashing BIOS if you are not sure what you're doing.

    G. Morgan, Feb 3, 2008