can't run firefox from work and home simultaneously

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by wayne, Apr 27, 2005.

  1. wayne

    wayne Guest

    I run Linux at home and at work. When I'm at home, I like to be able
    to ssh to work and have the firefox window appear on my home machine.
    That works fine, but then I cannot launch a local instance of firefox.
    When I try, my work computer launches firefox instead.

    I had the same problem with mozilla at one point. With their latest
    releases though, I was able to have mozilla run from my work and home
    computers simultaneously.

    This bugs the hell out of me. Does anyone know how I can use firefox
    the way I need?

    Thanks,

    -- Wayne L.

    p.s. I tried to launch firefox from work after starting it from home
    and I got the following before it crashed:

    X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
    Major opcode of failed request: 20 (X_GetProperty)
    Resource id in failed request: 0x613027
    Serial number of failed request: 824

    wayne, Apr 27, 2005