    which of the 5 or so restore points I choose, the comp. says the
    restore can't be done. Is there another way to set my comp. back to the
    way it was when new?

    cgott, Sep 19, 2005

  2. cgott

    Kevin Wiese Guest

    Clean Install will get it back to new.

    Safe all file's that you don't have on disk. Set the CD-rom drive as a
    bootable drive. Insert the Window's XP Full Version CD. If that's the
    version you have. Boot from CD

    Delete primary partition, Create primary partition, Format NTSF, Install
    Windows for the first time.

    Look up for better details on the Web, then what I left you here. I just
    wrote the basic short hand on how doing it.

    Kevin Wiese, Sep 20, 2005

  3. cgott

    cgott Guest

    The problem is the computer did not come with any disc at all.

    cgott, Sep 20, 2005
  4. cgott

    Brian Guest

    Are your restore points prior to installing a service pack? That may be the
    reason for the failure to restore. If you don't have a windows disk find
    someone who does .....some manufacturers make a directory on the harddisk
    with the cab files that you can access to reinstall but you cant do that
    with win XP only Me, 98 and 95

    Brian, Oct 1, 2005