    Hope to hear from someone soon!
    And thanks an awful lot,
    Billy

    Billy Goodson, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Billy  Goodson

    °Mike° Guest

    What have you done via TweakUI?

    You say you 'installed' "ReStart/ShutDown Buttons". Is
    this third party software you are talking about?

    °Mike°, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Billy  Goodson

    Phil® Guest

    What operating system?

    Consider using: scanreg /restore
    http://www.windows-help.net/windows98/start-145.shtml

    Start Windows in MS-DOS mode (press the Ctrl key as soon as your PC starts.
    This will get you the Bootup menu.
    Once the menu is up, choose Command prompt only)
    Type Scanreg /restore at the prompt press [ENTER]
    You will get a screen where you can select which registry backup to use
    Choose the last known [STARTED} and choose Restore
    When ready you'll be prompted to Restart your computer.

    Phil®, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Billy  Goodson

    Unk Guest

    Shutdown troubleshooter for Windows XP
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029

    You can reinstall System Restore with these steps:

    1. Click Start, Run, In the Run box, type "C:\windows\inf" without the
    quotes and press enter.
    2. Look for SR.INF and RightClick on it, then LeftClick it, select "Install"

    Follow the prompts, Reboot and System Restore will be ready to use.

    http://www.updatexp.com/rstrui-exe-entry-point-not-found.html

    Unk, Jun 15, 2004