    please post. I thought about writing a script to run before windows starts
    but I don't know how.

    Please Help!!!!

    ALIEN, Jun 20, 2005

  2. ALIEN

    Pennywise Guest

    |>When my computer starts windows it comes up with a message box saying that
    |>the following system files are corrupt :-DDEML.DLL
    |> -MCICDA.DRV
    |> -WINASPI.DLL
    |>Windows still is running fine and I have replacement files for them but I
    |>cant replace them because they are in use. I tried using SFC and it doesn't
    |>work.I have windows 98 SE. If you have any idea's on how I can replace them
    |>please post. I thought about writing a script to run before windows starts
    |>but I don't know how.

    Copy the replacement files to your Win98 disk, boot up with it, and
    delete and replace the files.

    You might run into a protection error when attempting to delete the
    originals, if so type in: unlock C:\

    Pennywise, Jun 20, 2005

  3. ALIEN

    Pennywise Guest

    Resent - screw'd up

    |>When my computer starts windows it comes up with a message box saying that
    |>the following system files are corrupt :-DDEML.DLL
    |> -MCICDA.DRV
    |> -WINASPI.DLL
    |>Windows still is running fine and I have replacement files for them but I
    |>cant replace them because they are in use. I tried using SFC and it doesn't
    |>work.I have windows 98 SE. If you have any idea's on how I can replace them
    |>please post. I thought about writing a script to run before windows starts
    |>but I don't know how.

    Copy the replacement files to your Win98 boot disk, boot up with it,

    You can create your own boot disk, visit www.bootdisk.com or download
    http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~huey/Downloads/boot98se.exe

    Pennywise, Jun 20, 2005
  4. ALIEN

    trout Guest

    What, exactly, is happening when you try to use SFC? Do you have the
    original disk; and is it a 'regular' 98SE, or an OEM version? Have you
    tried replacing the files in Safe Mode?

    trout, Jun 20, 2005
  5. ALIEN

    ALIEN Guest

    I think its cause of the amount of sractes on the windows 98 SE disc. The
    errors only appeared after I updated.

    ALIEN, Jun 20, 2005
  6. ALIEN

    ALIEN Guest

    Thanks

    ALIEN, Jun 20, 2005
  7. ALIEN

    ALIEN Guest

    I thought we had a solution there but for some strange reason my computer
    hangs on the windows 98 boot disks.My other computer's run it fine. Oh well,
    I'll find another solution. I might try putting the boot disk on a CD.

    ALIEN, Jun 20, 2005
  8. ALIEN

    ALIEN Guest

    I found a solution. I didn't think this would work but I tryed it anyway. I
    made a bat file up to copy the files over.

    Thanks for all your help anyway.

    ALIEN, Jun 20, 2005
  9. ALIEN

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi Alien - For future reference. From my Blog, Defending Your Machine,
    address in Signature:

    "Sometimes the tools below will find files which they are unable to delete
    because they are in use.

    A program called Copylock, here, http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=misc can
    aid in the process of "replacing, moving, renaming or deleting one or many
    files which are currently in use (e.g. system files like comctl32.dll, or
    virus/trojan files.)"

    Another is Killbox, here: http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zip

    A third which is a bit different but often very useful is Delete Invalid
    File, here: http://www.purgeie.com/delinv.htm which handles invalid/UNC
    file/folder name deleting, rather than the in use problem.

    A fourth useful program is Unlocker, here:
    ..http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ " Simply right click the folder or file
    and select Unlocker. If the folder or file is locked, a window listing of
    lockers will appear. Simply select the lockers and click Unlock and you are
    done!" Works as advertised and is particularly helpful in identifying
    malware components which are 'protecting' each other."

    Jim Byrd, Jun 20, 2005