    1234. As soon as I delete one image it is replaced by identical clones.

    Does anyone please have any ideas as to how I can clear these away?

    Many thanks John

    John Lee, Jan 8, 2004

  2. John Lee

    Alan D-W Guest

    Sounds odd! You could try shift/delete, which hard deletes instead of using
    the recycle bin. If that doesn't work you might need to delete from a
    command prompt.
    Alan

    Alan D-W, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Have you done a virus check on your computer lately?

    Marvin Margoshes, Jan 8, 2004
  4. I've seen this happen when you 'ctrl click' to select multiple files in a
    folder. Try deleting them one at a time....

    Steve Hoffmann, Jan 9, 2004
  5. Get a little "hand shake' when selecting multiple files and suddenly
    you have a whole lot of extra files.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger Halstead, Jan 9, 2004
  6. John Lee

    Larry Lynch Guest

    The main reason I dont like the "touch-pads" much. A
    little "early morning before coffee" finger jiggle can
    REALLY louse up the hard drive.

    Larry Lynch, Jan 9, 2004
  7. John Lee

    John Guest

    Thanks for all your advice on my problem about multiple images on
    Documents folder. I did a Virus check first of all as Marvin suggested
    - fortunately all clear. So I tried Alan's suggestion to use
    shift/delete hard delete, and THIS WORKED ! (Thanks Alan). Steve,
    Roger and Larry all wrote about possible problems with Ctrl-Clicking,
    and this too was relevant. I found that although Alan's suggestion
    about hard deleting worked fine, it did NOT work if I tried Ctrl-Click
    - everything got deleted OK but just reappeared again at the top of
    the window after I thought I had got rid of everything.

    So if anyone else has this problem my suggestion is to hard delete
    single images one at a time, and moreover not to click on the image at
    all but to let mouse hover over image until it selects itself - I
    tried hard clicking single images and got a little enthusiastic, and
    at one point I got lots of superimposed images.

    Thanks again everyone

    John

    John, Jan 10, 2004