Can't read/play/rip audio tracks from CD

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by RoqueJa, Apr 29, 2005.

  1. RoqueJa

    RoqueJa Guest

    I have a newly purchased audio CD. Released April 19 2005.

    If I put it in my CD player it works fine.

    If I put it in the computer's CD player (WinXP), I get a browser
    window with a link to a video on the CD. I cannot access the audio
    tracks. Not with WinAmp. Not with Media Player. Not with Explorer. All
    I see is the Video folder and a bunch of autoplan housekeeping files
    for PC and Mac. Ripping programs do not see any audio tracks on the
    disk.

    I read that if I disable autoplay I should be able to read the rest of
    the disk. Didn't work.

    I want to be able to play the disk on my computer's drive. I want to
    be able to rip the tunes to MP3s to play on my MP3 player.

    Any thoughts or advice. I've tried google, but nothing I've looked for
    has helped.

    Much Thanks for any help.

    RoqueJa, Apr 29, 2005

  2. RoqueJa

    Stevo Guest

    Sounds like a Copy Protected CD.. sometimes laptop drives seem to read
    those OK I find.

    Stevo, Apr 29, 2005

  3. RoqueJa

    FML Guest

    RoqueJa spewed forth...
    Have you tried AudioGrabber, it can bypass some copy protection schemes:

    http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

    <start soapbox>
    In the future, make your disgust for copy protected music cd's known to
    the record companies. Vote with your wallet. Don't buy copy protected
    music cd's. They are usually clearly marked as such.
    </end soapbox>

    FML, Apr 29, 2005
  4. RoqueJa

    old jon Guest

    are you sure it`s an Audio CD ?, because normally they Don`t have video on
    them. ..J

    old jon, Apr 29, 2005
  5. RoqueJa

    FML Guest

    old jon spewed forth...
    Actually, quite a few newer audio CDs have videos on them.

    FML, Apr 29, 2005