    file recovery programs to recover the data?

    Thanks!

    George M.

    anon, Aug 5, 2005

  2. GreenieLeBrun, Aug 5, 2005

  3. anon

    Kenny Guest

    I had a Maxtor 160GB in a USB2 IcyBox external enclosure which failed
    recently.
    First it became slow to access then occasionally I couldn't read files on
    it.
    Checkdisk, defrag, Perfecdisk or Partition Magic wouldn't run on it, kept
    getting a "too many errors" type of message.
    Started moving data off it, managed about half then it failed completely.
    Don't think I'll be buying Maxtor again.

    Kenny, Aug 5, 2005
  4. anon

    Kenny Guest

    Should also have added that Maxtor's PowerMax diagnostic program wouldn't
    run on an external drive. I suppose I could have fitted the drive
    internally as a Slave to run it but what was the point of going to all that
    trouble, I knew it was f****d.

    Kenny, Aug 5, 2005