Can't print multiple copies in XP but can in 2000 on a client/serv

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Apr 17, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello, I'm trying to figure out a problem. A client is unable to print
    multiple copies of a document in XP on the client inside a LAB but can in
    2000.

    Here is what I'd gathered.

    Facts:
    1. Can print multiple copies from the local drive.
    2. Others can print multiple copies on their local drive
    3. Can print multiple copies when in Windows 2000, from the client
    4. Cannot print multiple copies in Windows XP, when printing from the client
    5. Can print multiple copies from of a document from the client, not within
    the LAB environment
    6. Cannot print multiple copies while in client LAB environment
    7. Reboots Workstation periodically

    Reproduction

    I had attempted reproduction by opening the client and printing a document
    from each Main menu and one submenu topic. I was able to print multiple
    copies.

    Coordinating on the telephone with a customer, we both pulled up the same
    document and printed to the printer in the Lab, my copy printed two documents
    from my remote workstation; the customers’s copy only printed one document,
    with options set at 2 documents.

    I viewed the NTWriteFile and compared 2000 to xp. 2000 = 0x00ed, xp = 0x0112.

    Any suggestions?

    Guest, Apr 17, 2007

  2. Guest

    Theo Guest

    Is this Windows XP x64 (64-bit) or is it Windows XP
    (32-bit)? This is a Windows 64-bit forum.

    Has the your system's administrator looked at the situation
    since it appears this involves a network?

    Theo, Apr 17, 2007