Can't Print Due to "RPC Server Unavailable"

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Nov 3, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Because of a problem where I had a strong wireless connection on my laptop,
    but could not get online, I had to set the IP address, subnet, etc. manually.
    Now the Internet connection is now working on my laptop, but I cannot use any
    of my installed printers (which had worked before w/o a problem). I get a
    message saying "the RPC server is unavailable."

    My network consists of:

    One desktop connected to D-Link 624 (wired), one laptop with the
    aforementioned D-Link DWL-G650, and my husband's laptop (Laptop 2) with an
    internal wireless card (don't know more than that). We have a cable modem and
    the printers were shared via Windows Printer/File Sharing. All computers are
    running XP: Desktop and Laptop 2 are running XP-Pro (Laptop with SP2, desktop
    with SP1), and my laptop is running XP-Home with SP1.

    I am also unable to access my the shared folders on the desktop. Any help
    would be appreciated. Thanks!

    Guest, Nov 3, 2005